Answered By: Poping Lin Last Updated: Jan 10, 2017 Views: 76
The U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) Patent Database includes full text of patents since 1790 and also provides TIFF images of most of them. You may begin a search:
By specific patent number (for particular patent info)
- Go to the Database.
- Select Patent Number Search or Publication Number Search.
By Subject and then patent classification number (for preliminary related patent scanning on a subject)
- Go to the Database and select Quick Search. Type keywords in the search box, e.g. “drug delivery”
- Find a patent that is most close to what you're looking for.
- Use the U.S. Classification number/Subclass for that patent, e.g. 604/236
- Use Quick search, type the class/subclass number into a search box
- Select search a field accordingly to find more patents on that subject.
- Go to Index to the U.S. Patent Classification System and search for common terms or keywords.
- Check the Manual of U.S. Patent Classification to verify if they are on target by using the Class/Subclass numbers you found.
- Search by Class/Subclass numbers in USPTO Database.
For more help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org