Answered By: Kathryn FitzGerald Last Updated: Oct 06, 2015 Views: 215
You can use the Analysis Function in SDC to get statistical data on deals and new issues.
Use the Analysis Function to list the amount of convertible debt to common stock issued annually from 1999 to 2002.
- Open Global New Issues screen; in the box marked Other, select Medium-Term Loans and Syndicated Loans.
- In the Date Range select 1/1/99 to 12/3/2002.
- In the search items screen, select Loan Type; in the next box click Convertible Debt, Common Stock so that a red check mark appears to the left. Click OK.
- Click Execute.
Result: A total of 926 issues put out overall
Get an analysis of how many were issued each year.
- Click the Analysis icon.
- In the window that opens up, select Issue Date Totals and click OK.
Analysis: Clicking on this pull-down menu allows you also to do a more complicated, customized analysis (i.e., breakdown by quarters or months rather than years.)
- Give your report a title and click OK.
- Click EXECUTE.
Your report will look like the screen below.
- Click the pull-down menu under Document.
- Click Export/Save as to save to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Use the following path to save it to the desktop: C://Documents and Settings/hbsuser/Desktop .