Answered By: Mallory Stark Last Updated: May 22, 2015 Views: 270
Creating Your Own List of Consulting Firms
Capital IQ (HBS intranet only)
- Once in Capital IQ, Mouse over Screening Tab and click on Companies.
- To screen by geographic location, scroll down to Company Details and click Geographic Locations, enter geographic location or browse and select geographic location(s).
- Select geographic location and click Add Criteria
- To screen by industry, scroll down to Company Details and enter "management consulting" in Search Industries box
- Select "management consulting services" and click Add Criteria
- To screen by number of employees, move down to Company Statistics and enter Value and click Add Criteria
Published Lists and Rankings of Consulting Firms
Vault Consulting 50. Firms are ranked by practice area, quality of work/life issues, diversity, prestige and best overall.
Consulting Magazine: Rankings
Includes several rankings on topics ranging from "Top 25 Consultants," "Best Firms to Work For," Small Jewels," and "Women in Consulting."
A great starting place for research on the consulting industry includes overviews, news and descriptions of consulting as a profession e.g., Vault Online Career Library.