Answered By: Meghan Dolan Last Updated: Nov 27, 2015 Views: 3272
Capital IQ is an information service that is particularly relevant to those who are interested in investment banking, investment management, private equity, and corporate/business development.
Login to Capital IQ to access more Capital IQ help (help link is in the upper right corner of the screen.)
Some of the ways in which you can benefit from Capital IQ include:
Coursework and Analysis Applications
- Very detailed information on public companies, private companies, private capital firms, executives and directors, industry sectors, and transactions on a global basis.
- A wide range of timesaving tools for building comps, charts, models, company reports, buyer/investor lists, etc.
- Screen across 450,000+ organizations and 2.6 million professionals based on financials as well as 250+ qualitative items such as education (i.e., HBS alumni), job functions, transaction history, corporate actions, etc.
- "Six Degrees of Separation" - Find common bonds and generate potential "warm" call leads by mapping a person's web of professional relationships.
- Quickly gain a holistic understanding of any company or firm including competitive landscape, transaction history, third-party affiliations, key people and their backgrounds, etc.
- Identify and understand the nature of company-to-company, person-to-person relationship connections based on events, transactions, and affiliations.
Capital IQ Search Examples