Answered By: Cynthia Churchwell Last Updated: Jan 25, 2016 Views: 1982
Example: To retrieve all annual sales data for all years for cotton textile companies in India, do the following:
- Open the application and log in.
- To select textile companies, in the Query Builder, under Query by Business Segments & Products, select Main Product/Services Group of Company. A list of product service classes will appear in the work area.
- Select the desired industries by opening the collapsed industries.
Note: Selecting a broader industry category does not automatically select all of the subcategories. You must keep expanding and selecting to get a complete set.
- After you have made your selections, click on Add to Current OSC (output sheet of companies) in the execute window.
- Now go through a similar process for annual (or interim) sales data. In the Query Builder, under Query by Financial Statements & Ratings, click Annual Financial Statements. Expand and select the desired data elements.
Note 1: The default is to select just the latest data. Click on the ? by Query on Date/s to see all of the date options and type the option you want under either the query date or output date.
Note 2: Select the Domain Companies in the Current OSC so you are not searching the entire Prowess database. Now click Add data to OSC to get the sales data reported.
- Click on Output sheet in the main menu banner of the application to view data.
- To save data click File then Save as Excel file.