Answered By: Andrea Schulman Last Updated: May 22, 2015 Views: 1466
In Prowess the Screening/Selection process is not separated from the reporting, so you have to include all of your report elements in the screen. For example, to retrieve all annual sales data for all years for cotton textile companies in India, do the following:
- Open the application and log in.
- To select textile companies check Main Product/Services Group of Company under Query by Business Segments & Products in the Query Builder. A list of product service classes will appear in the work area.
- Select the desired industries by opening the collapsed industries. Note Bene: Selecting a broader industry category does not automatically select all of the subcategories. You must keep expanding and selecting to get a complete set.
- After you have made your selections, click on Add to Current OSC (output sheet of companies) in the execute window.
- Now go through a similar process for annual (or interim) sales data. Click on Annual Financial Statements under Query by Financial Statements & Ratings in the main menu of the query builder. Expand and select the data elements that you want. Note Bene: the default is to select just the latest data. Click on the ? by Query on Date/s to see all of the date options and type the option you want under either the query date or output date. Note Bene: Select the Domain Companies in the Current OSC so you are not searching the entire Prowess database. Now you can Click "Add data to OSC" to get the sales data in your report.
- Click on Output sheet in the main menu banner of the application to view and save your data.