Answered By: Andrea Schulman Last Updated: Sep 18, 2015 Views: 2833
Use Thomson ONE Banker to search for a company's IPO. Data is only available for companies from 1985 to the present.
- Go to Screening & Analysis.
- Expand Deals & League Tables and then expand Equity.
- Click on Advanced Search.
You can search by date to locate all companies that went public during a specific timeframe:
- Expand Deal Info to locate Dates
- Expand Dates and click on Dates: Issue Date and then choose a standard or custom date in the dialog box.
- Apply to the search
- Also under Deal Info select Issue Type and IPO.
- Select a report type and Execute Search to see the results.
To search by Company:
- Expand on Company on the Advanced Search screen and search by Name
To limit the search for the original IPO date, click on the Item Search tab.
- Search for "original ipo"
- Double click on Original IPO flag
- Click on Execute Request
To view results for your search, choose a report from the Open/Create box in the lower right corner of the screen.
You can also click on Create New to select reporting items
You can use SDC Platinum to go back as far as 1970 for domestic public offerings.