Answered By: Poping Lin Last Updated: Oct 07, 2016 Views: 315
Answered By: Poping Lin
Last Updated: Oct 07, 2016 Views: 315
You may begin with any of the following:
- Lexis/Nexis Academic -include US, European and Japanese patents
- Select Search by subject or Topic
- Select Patent Search
- Web of Science – Derwent Innovations Index (DII) – International patents in chemical, electrical, electronic, and mechanical engineering (DII Guide)
- Cortellis – International patents in pharmaceuticals including information on outlicensing events.
Patent databases with free access
- USPTO - Patent database by US Patent and Trademark Office
- Espacenet - Patent database by European Patent Office (EPO). It includes worldwide patents.
- Patentscope - Patent database by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
Patent search tutorial:
- "How to search for patents?" - This short video well explains patent classification systems and demonstrates how to conduct a patent search step-by-step using the free global patent database, Espacenet. Video written and created by Karli Mair in collaboration with Patent Librarian Hal Mendelson, UCF Libraries.