Answered By: [Unclaimed] Last Updated: Dec 15, 2015 Views: 15208
Answered By: [Unclaimed]
Last Updated: Dec 15, 2015 Views: 15208
- Type a company ticker, hit EQUITY, type RELS and hit GO. E.g., IBM US [EQUITY] RELS [GO] brings up a display of various types of securities related to IBM.
- Select 10) Equity Options which lists IBM-related equities for which options exist.
- Now, select 1) IBM US to view a complete list of currently active options for IBM US equities. (Shortcut is IBM US [EQUITY] OMON [GO].)
(In the Options Monitor display, calls are listed on the left and puts on the right. Contracts are grouped by month of expiration.)
- Use [PgDn] to scroll through the list of open contracts.
(While the roots of options tickers are based on the underlying equity ticker, they can differ, especially for distant and far out-of-the-money options. OMON is the surest way to find exact options tickers.)
- Left click a contract ticker to see a list of functions. Select OVME for Multi-leg Option Valuation that allows "what-if" analyses by changing assumptions in amber fields. (Shortcut is IBM+AT (the option ticker) [EQUITY] OVME [GO].)
Use tabs at bottom of screen to display Deal, Scenario Graph, and Scenario Table.
- Hit [MENU] to view a selection of analytical functions for equity options, e.g., OVX for Exotic Option Valuation.
(Shortcut is: IMB US [EQUITY] OVX [GO].)
- For a graph of historical volatilities type IBM US [EQUITY] HIVG [GO]. Change parameters in the amber fields for different views of time period, days to expiration, put and/or call.