Mergers & Acquisitions: deal type
How can I find deals of specific types, such as spinoffs or LBOs?
Last Updated: Sep 01, 2011 | 423 Views
Topics: Mergers & acquisitions
Was this helpful? 0 0
- Click on M&A deals in the top toolbar.
- Select Deal types & methods of payment > Deal type. For narrower categories select Deal types & methods of payment > Sub-deal type.
- Add other criteria and "View list of deals". You can modify the list format to see different items from what is displayed.
- While screening for Transactions, in the category for General Transaction Details (upper right), click Transaction Types.
- Select from the available types, e.g., Spin-Off/Split-Off and Add Criteria to the search.
- For more detailed types see other menus, e.g., M&A/Buyback Details (upper right) for Merger/Acquisition Features.
- Select from the available types, e.g., Leveraged Buy Out, Recapitalization.
- For even more types, use the search box right above the screening criteria to search for data points.
- From the Database Selection window Mergers & Acquisitions tab, select U.S. Targets and/or Non-U.S. Target, and click OK.
- Select a preset or custom date and click OK.
- From the Deal tab, scroll down and double-click on Deal Type.
- Select desired deal type(s) and click OK.
- Click Close and continue with the rest of the search.