What is RSS and how do I subscribe?
Last Updated: Jul 19, 2012 | 46 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
- RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a way of having content delivered to your desktop. You can customize your view and reduce the time you spend surfing the Web for information and news.
- RSS content comes to your desktop in the form of feeds. Feeds consist of brief headlines organized into content categories. Simply click on a feed headline or summary to view a full story in your browser.
- You must use a feed reader (also known as a news aggregator) to collect RSS feeds. Readers such as Feedly, FeedDemon, Google Reader, and Reeder (see more here) are available for free or low cost. Some browsers (e.g., Firefox and Safari) have RSS readers built in. Portal sites such as MyYahoo also allow users to easily capture RSS feeds.
To Subscribe to RSS Feeds:
- Copy the URL/shortcut of the RSS feed that interests you.
- Paste the URL into your news reader.