Portfolio companies: venture-backed, by industry
How can I create a list of start-up or venture capital backed companies in a particular industry?
Last Updated: Oct 08, 2014 | 1875 Views
Topics: Companies, Private equity & venture capital, Early Stage Companies, Capital IQ, Thomson ONE, Job Search
Was this helpful? 0 0
In Thomson ONE:
- Click on the menu for Screening & Analysis.
- Expand section for Private Equity then click on Companies & Investors.
- Select your industry using the Portfolio Company Detail menu.
- Select the appropriate investment stage under Investment Details.
- Add other criteria as desired.
- Click on Generate Results to run the search.
- Click on Private Equity on the left hand side navigation.
- Select Venture Deals Analyst.
- Select Advanced Search.
- Search by Portfolio Company.
- You can screen by investment stage, acquired share percentage, deal date, deal size, location, industry and keyword.
- Once criteria is selected click on the Search button.
- You can then take a look at individual companies or download their profiles into Excel.
In Capital IQ:
- Mouse over menu for Screening and select Screening > Companies.
- Select an industry using search sections under Company Details.
- In the Company Details section, click on Ownership and select Pending and Current Sponsor Backed.
- Add other criteria if desired, then click on View Results at the bottom of the screen.