How do I find data on futures, options, and commodities?
Last Updated: Dec 10, 2013 | 354 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
- In Bloomberg hit the yellow CMDTY button (F9).
- Global Financial Data features commodity prices back to the 1500s. Login anonymously and click on the GFDatabase. Use the Series drop-down to find Commodity Indices or Commodity Prices.
- UNCTDAD Commodity Price Statistics has annual and monthly data back to 1960 for agricultural and mineral commodities.
- The World Bank Prospects Commodity Markets publishes commodity prices and quarterly forecasts.
- OptionMetrics in WRDS has historical prices of options going back 13 years.
- CRB Commodity Yearbook
Check Harvard availability
Ref. HF1040 .C7 in the Stamps Reading Room
Features historical commodity prices and a brief analysis of various commodities.
- USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service gives production, yields and prices for agricultural commodities throughout the world. See also USDA Foreign Agricultural Service PSD Online.
- Consult the Guide to Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Documents from Harvard College Library.
Metals and Minerals:
- See the Minerals Information from the U.S. Geological Survey.