Capital IQ Helpsheet
Capital IQ is an information service that is particularly relevant to those who are interested in investment banking, investment management, private equity, and corporate/business development.
Some of the ways in which you can benefit from Capital IQ include:
Coursework and Analysis Applications
- Very detailed information on public companies, private companies, private capital firms, executives and directors, industry sectors, and transactions on a global basis.
- A wide range of timesaving tools for building comps, charts, models, company reports, buyer/investor lists, etc.
- Screen across 450,000+ organizations and 600,000+ professionals based on financials as well as 250+ qualitative items such as education (i.e., HBS alumni), job functions, transaction history, corporate actions, etc.
- "Six Degrees of Separation" - Find common bonds and generate potential "warm" call leads by mapping a person's web of professional relationships.
- Quickly gain a holistic understanding of any company or firm including competitive landscape, transaction history, third-party affiliations, key people and their backgrounds, etc.
- Identify and understand the nature of company-to-company, person-to-person relationship connections based on events, transactions, and affiliations.
Capital IQ Search Examples