Web traffic statistics
Where can I get web traffic statistics for specific Internet sites?
Last Updated: Jun 21, 2013 | 0 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
HBS subscribes to:
- eMarketer compiles freely available Internet and e-commerce statistics.
- Compete PRO features traffic, engagement, and demographic data for millions of websites.
The following provide freely available statistics:
- www.Quantcast.com provides information about audiences for web destinations. Includes deep demographics, geography and lifestyle information.
- www.alexa.com provides traffic rankings based on usage of the Alexa Toolbar, allows comparisons. More details.
- www.compete.com provides site traffic estimates based on U.S. Internet users; allows comparisons. More details.
- www.google.com/adplanner a free media planning tool; includes the top 1000 most visited sites by country and worldwide. More details.
Other resources to try:
- Article databases such as Factiva. Search for [website name] and Nielsen to find data cited from Nielsen. To narrow the search select Source , Publications by Industry , and select the categories for Internet and Online Services and Media .
- Use a web search engine to search for [website name] and traffic statistics.